Bath bombs are one of the latest crazes in the market nowadays. However, these products are not only expensive, but they also contain toxic chemicals such as dyes and aromatics.
Are homemade bath bombs better than store-bought ones? Of course! Anything handmade gives you the chance to see and monitor what ingredients go into the product thoroughly. Also, you can customize the bath bomb according to your preferences.It’s vital to obtain the best organic essential oils to be able to do this activity.
Components Of Bath Bombs You Should Know About
Before you go and start making one from scratch, you should know what elements make the bath bomb a phenomenal product, such as the ability to produce a ‘fizz’ while still giving the user different skin benefits.
- Coconut oil helps moisturize the skin and is a safe, organic source of vitamin E.
- Citric acid + baking soda helps create the famous ‘fizz’ once the bath bomb comes in contact with the water.
- Epsom salts: a source of magnesium. When a person becomes stressed, the magnesium levels decrease.
- Essential oils: depending on what mood you’re in or what you need, adding a few drops of improves the mixture.
- You may use jojoba or sweet almond oil as an alternative to coconut oil.
- Molds should be of metal to make the mixture dry faster, but silicone molds are also okay.
- Use natural food coloring to avoid allergic reactions or skin irritations.
Essential Oils To Try
Although there are many oils in the market, here are the most famous varieties plus their benefits:
- Ylang-Ylang: helps treat headaches and skin problems.
- Lavender: reduces stress.
- Peppermint: helps alter your mood and digestion.
- Chamomile: a relaxant.
- Jasmine: helps with depression.
The Measurements And Materials Needed
- Bath bomb molds (2 inches or according to your liking)
- Two mixing bowls
- The essential oil of your choice (10 to 12 drops)
- Epsom salts (¾ cup)
- Citric acid (¾ cup)
- Coconut oil (4 tablespoons)
Step By Step Production
- In a bowl, mix the Epsom salts, citric acid, and baking soda.
- Get another bowl and mix the coconut oil and essential oil that you have chosen. Add this mixture to the first bowl with baking soda. Make sure to do this slowly to avoid premature reactions.
- Mix until the mixture is similar to wet sand.
- Get a circle mold and put the mixture on both pieces. Firmly press the mixture in place and close the shape.
- Remove the bath bomb from the mold and let it dry.
Make use of your best organic essential oils and make a natural, handmade bath bomb now!